Saturday, October 22, 2011

SSX - "Survive It" Trailer

Hey, can you still see three feet in front of you? No? Alright, out you go!
 

After a trend of disappointing trailers from the supposed "big" games that are to be released soon, SSX comes out of nowhere and blows them out of the water. Big air, dangerous situations, and high octane gameplay fuel this trailer into excellence. I felt my heart lift into the air every time someone launched into the air, and the settings look gorgeous and deadly.

That takes me to what I really loved about this trailer, the challenge that the game presents to the player. This may look like the usually arcade style that SSX has done so well over the years, but it feels different somehow; call it a hunch if you will. The goal is to survive the tracks, no racing, (I'm sure there will be racing but this looked like a single player heavy trailer) no rings to collect, just get down the mountain in one piece. Challenge accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment