Friday, October 28, 2011

Rayman: Origins - 10 Ways to Get Around Trailer

Not having appendages has never been cooler


I miss the good old days when platformers were the cream of the video game crop. I could spend hours on end with my side scrolling buddies trying to finish out that next level. And when I finally did, I had to move on to the next one; it was like a drug. Sonic, Earthworm Jim, and Rayman were my boys back then. I even stuck with them (well maybe not Earthworm Jim) as they moved into the 3D platforming era, joined by Jack and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Spyro, and Sly Cooper. But it seems as if the golden age of platformers is past us in favor of the FPS and RPG which is not a bad thing, just different.

Imagine my pleasant surprise when I saw this trailer pop up on the news feeds. There seems to be a mini trend of the classic platformer returning to the modern system with the emergence of Sonic Anniversary and now Rayman Origins. The beautiful thing about bringing an old platforming game to a new system is the potential you have to get creative with it; to add more elements that the old systems were simply not capable of. This is one of those games that I will most likely play no matter what scores it receives because I want to relive those memories on my new system. Now if they can just start doing Jak games again...

No comments:

Post a Comment