Monday, October 3, 2011

SSX - Defy Reality Trailer

Apparently we can snowboard on the moon


I'm going to look past the fact that I started singing "Wicked" when I first saw the title for this trailer (thanks, Emerson College). I for one could not be happier that there is another SSX game coming out soon. The trailer looks gorgeous, the mountains are bigger than ever, and the tricks make even less sense then they did in previous games. But then again, that's the allure of SSX. 

This trailer was all about big air, bigger air, and "that just doesn't look right" big air. A bit of confusion hit when the boarder was travelling at a pretty moderate speed, then all of a sudden LAUNCHES into the air off of a jump, almost hitting the helicopter at what the pilot must have thought was a safe distance. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of insane tricks that wouldn't be normally possible and huge air, but I want it to look a little more natural than that. 

Then again, the trailer is called "Defy Reality", so maybe that's the point of these ridiculous jumps. If that's the case, color me hesitant. What do you think? Would you rather see your person launch off each jump with the force of a jet pack, or would you rather see a little realism? 

No comments:

Post a Comment