Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Need for Speed: The Run "Lonely Boy" Trailer

A trailer a game that reveals a song? You lost me. 


I want this game. It's been forever since there's been a Need for Speed game that's been worthy of anyone's attention, and I think this is the one to break that trend. However, I do have my concerns from watching this trailer. The cutscenes are cool and the driver is finally making it out of his car, but the story makes me think that this is going to be a very linear game. It's essentially a huge race from San Francisco to New York City. 

If they had "open world" elements to it, they would either have to create the entirety of the United States or put the race on hold every time you wanted to explore somewhere. Neither of these options would work for this game. So I'm interested, yet apprehensive about how this Need for Speed is going to go. I'm also not going to touch it unless the single player itself promises at LEAST ten hours of gameplay. Yes, my demands are high, but so are my expectations. Watch this trailer and tell me you don't feel the same. 

Oh yeah, and the trailer "debuted" the song "Lonely Boy" by the Black Keys. Cool I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment