Sunday, October 16, 2011

Prototype 2: "The Red Zone" Cinematic Trailer

Don't make him angry. You won't like him when he's angry.


Just like the Uncharted series, I admittedly don't have much experience with the Prototype franchise (darn you, console specific games). That aside, a good trailer is a good trailer, and this is a "give me a second so I can process all of the win that I just saw" good trailer. 

If your eyes failed you or simply glazed over during the last two minutes, you can see that our protagonist, James Heller, isn't exactly a real boy. In fact, he's a grown man with arms that turn into demon swords and grappling chains. I did have to restart the trailer because I passed out from holding my breath for too long as Heller made mince meat of the soldiers trying to shoot him. 

Getting to finally watch the whole thing, including Heller summoning two really mean looking creatures and watching them tear five guys to shreds, I was sold. I will say that this was a cinematic trailer, so the game won't obviously look this smooth and well, epic, but it still looks pretty darn good. It's just a great time for video games these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment