Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Goldeneye 007: Reloaded - Multiplayer Trailer

The best thing you ever had, again. And then one more time. 



Didn't a remake of this game, like, just happen? To answer your question, it did, but it was only released on the Wii (freaking Nintendo). So we get Goldeneye, arguably the FPS to rule them all, yet again for the 360 and PS3. I'm definitely not complaining about this because anyone who has gone back to their N64 for a round of multiplayer has enjoyed it, but was most definitely cursing the games controls at the same time. Two analog sticks for the win.

Here's the rub: there is very little original content in this reboot. The trailer was advertising the fact that they were bringing back everything you loved about the original Goldeneye with better graphics. The same characters, the same weapons, and variations of the same maps. Are they playing to a demographic or what? Although I did find myself smiling upon seeing paintball marks all over one level (and oddjobs' tiny self) I feel conflicted over whether or not I'd want to buy an updated version of something that I've spent countless hours playing. 

There are noticeable additions (iron sight aiming, 16 player multiplayer, some extra characters) but I'm very interested on how the game scores when it comes out. I'm as big of a Goldeneye fan as they come, so I can't say that I'm not excited for a more in depth multiplayer and single player experience on my Xbox. What do you think, should more original content be thrown in, or do you simply want a modern day interpretation of a classic?

No comments:

Post a Comment