Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer

Holy explosions, Batman


I need this game. Right. Now. I could just end the post here and my statements would be completely justified by the video, but I need to continue on before I watch it again and lose all coherent thoughts.

This trailer was awesome. A little flashy, but I'll forgive it because the action was so good and pure. Vehicle combat looks smooth and expertly done (a Battlefield staple) and it looks like we finally have a true contender to the Call of Duty franchise. But we all knew that already.

I want to play the map where you have to jump off of a cliff and parachute into the actual area before the fighting starts. That is the coolest concept for a map I've ever seen, and it puts such an awesome twist on how the battle will start. It seems that instead of teams starting on opposite ends on the map, the team parachuting in will be spread throughout the area, with the opposing team having time to set up and start shooting before the enemy even touches the ground. But at the same time, it gives the parachuting team a chance to surround their dug in opponents along with chopper support. I can tell you that's gonna take a long time to start getting old. October 25th can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment