Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rayman: Origins - 10 Ways to Win Trailer

Who knew terrifying beasts could look so cute?


First off, I really need to play this game. I miss the golden age of platformers (and this is a side scroller to make the deal even sweeter) and it simply looks like a ton of fun. I really enjoy that games like this aren't totally dead yet, and we can all put down our first person shooters to enjoy some fast paced, classic gaming. Not to mention that their marketing campaign has been brilliant: this is the third "10 Ways" trailer that I've seen, coming after "10 Ways to Get Around" and "10 Ways to Die". It's a simple way of showing how much you can do with the game, and how damn good it looks while you're playing. 


My favorite part of this trailer is that by showing 10 ways to win the game, it's simultaneously showing the huge amount of replay value in Origins. If you're a completionist (like me) or an achievement whore (guilty) then seeing a ton of different ways to get to that magical 100% mark is a challenge I am more than willing to accept. Not to mention it's another example of how smoothly the game flows together, it takes a certain kind of brilliance to put together such vibrant worlds that a character can flawlessly maneuver through. This is definitely on my list of games to try this holiday season. Hello, Redbox!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment