Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Ramblings: Mickey Rourke on Attack of the Show

Of all the lubrications I've heard of, spit is not one of them


Video courtesy g4tv.com

Interning at G4 means there is a small TV sitting behind my cube with the channel on for as long as I'm there. This means I have the pleasure of watching X-Play (at least the days that it's on) and Attack of the Show every day that I sit at that desk. Seeing the interview of the day on Attack was Mickey Rourke, I was pretty happy about it. He was amazing in the Wrestler and now he's a general badass in Immortals (other than the movie sucking). I thought we were in for a good interview.

Imagine my dismay when within the first minute of the segment, I was regretting even bothering to turn around, but what I saw from there somehow kept me hooked. Mickey was quite possibly one of the biggest, most stuck up jackasses I had ever seen on television. 

Kevin Pereira does his best to get Mickey to talk about HIS upcoming movie, and his first question never actually gets answered. Rourke is too busy talking about how little he worked on the movie (8 days of work for 40 days on the set) and fired off awkward sexual innuendo at the female hosts. He even went so far as to spit in his hand when being introduced to the females, calling it lubricant.

I'm sure there's no way the crew of Attack could have known that Mickey was going to be so rude and idiotic, but if this isn't a new thing for him then how the hell does he still get interviews? Someone needs to pull this guy off the stage with the old wooden cane before he can do any more damage to his reputation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment