Monday, January 20, 2014

The Xbox 360 Bucket List

The prize at the end of the rope


Microsoft may have a claim here, they do have a long list of impressive looking titles slated to come out for the Xbox One. Hell, some of them aren't even in this little sizzle. But here's the thing: most of them won't be here for a while. While we're inching closer to the drop of Titanfall (March 11), most of the games that will truly want to get my hands on an Xbone still say TBA 2014 under their release date. So this means that I definitely want to get this new console, but it doesn't seem to make sense to get it just yet.

So then I look at old faithful, my Xbox 360 (the same I've had since 2008, with only one red ring in its life) and I decide to squeeze every ounce of life I can out of it. I've decided to put together a bucket list for my 360: all of the games that I should have played by now that I haven't. This will be a year-long endeavor, with posts galore as I try to navigate through this list of games I've yet to experience.

The list, as it currently stands, in no particular order:

Games currently owned but not played/finished are bolded.

Bioshock (plus 2, Infinite)
Assassin’s Creed (Revelations, III, Black Flag)
The Walking Dead (Eps 2-5 + 400 Days)
DMC HD Collection/DMC: Devil May Cry
Metal Gear HD Collection
Lego: Marvel Super Heroes
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Conviction
Batman: Arkham Origins
GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City
Saints Row (the Third, IV)
Fallout: New Vegas
Hitman Crysis(2, 3)
Metro: Last Light
Tomb Raider
Kingdoms of Amalur
Dark Souls
Spec Ops: The Line
Sleeping Dogs
Epic Mickey: The Power of Two
Alan Wake
Dues Ex: Human Revolution
The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings

So this is where you all come in! If you think I am missing something from this list, please add your two cents. If I haven't already played it, I'll consider adding it. The same goes for if you've played one of these games and don't think they are worth my time. This is a doozy of a list, and the endgame is to have a collection of the most quality titles the system had to offer. 

Here you have my gaming challenge of 2014. There are worse things.

No comments:

Post a Comment