Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Back to Black

I was thrust into the fire, and this is what I did

Deadpool - Launch Trailer

Hello again! After an extended hiatus, the Trailer Jockey is back and ready to get back on that horse of trailer reviews. I bet you were all wondering where I had gone for so long, so allow me to fill you in:

I had the honor to be taken on by the production team at a high level trailer house for video games (because the confidentiality is/was so elaborate, I'm going to err on the side of caution and not name anything or really go into a ton of detail) for their work on E3 2013. Long story short, I was assisting the producers that were making all of the trailers throughout this post, along with the trailers especially made for our client at E3, happen. 

Mad Max - E3 Reveal Trailer

I learned more about the video game industry in these last two months then I had in all of my experiences leading up to this one. Seeing games in development, PLAYING games in development, and observing how certain publishers operate all were openings into this world that I could not get enough of. Pile all that on top of being involved in the production of something that will represent an upcoming game to the consumer was one of the more fulfilling moments out of my time here on Earth.

Destiny - E3 Gameplay Trailer


But of course with the cool work came very long nights (that sometimes turned back into days) and a constant stream of nonstop deadlines and stress. And while I absolutely loved every second of it, I am happy to return to TTJ and really start looking at video game trailers with a refreshed look: a look that has seen a trailer being built from conception to release. So welcome back to the new world of the Trailer Jockey, glad to have you along for the ride.

Call of Duty: Ghosts- Reveal Trailer


Enjoy these trailers! They were a pleasure to work on and I feel like they all came out ridiculously well.  And the best part? Getting to be "in" a multiplayer trailer because they needed extra people for capture, like below:


Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Vengeance DLC "Replacers" Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment